Monday, May 15, 2006

Regina Spektor


I know my brother has this niggle about how singers with quite original sounding voices seem to go in to the studio and all come out sounding the same. Well, I have been meaning to draw attention to Regina Spektor for quite some time. I heard her late one night on radio. Probably on the way back from a gig. I tracked down the album. It's delightfully bonkers. Kind of like what Tori Amos promised early on but never quite delivered. Anyway, went to the website today and there is a video on there. What's happened? While not quite as dull as Dido, it's a little... what can you say? Overproduced?
Ignore this blip and get Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers ASAP.
BTW - Could 'dull as Dido' be one of those New - Old Sayings Private Eye sometimes have?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home