Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Beatles for sale... again


Well, it wouldn't be Christmas without some more Beatles product. What was it George Harrison said around the time of Anthology? 'If we release any more stuff we'll have to call the album "Scraping the Barrel"'
Consider that barrel truly scraped.
Yes, it's what the kids call a 'mash-up.' Actually some of it's quite good and I guess if George Martin didn't do it somebody else would... what's that you say? 'The Grey Album?' Never heard of it.
Anyhoo. I put it on my wish list for about a minute until I realised that you can listen to it on-line. Which I did. Then I thought 'will I ever want/need to listen to it again?' Probably not.
I'm sure in the context of the show it's wonderful. But let's face it, most, if not all the decent stuff the Beatles recorded during their career was released at the time on the albums... and quite a lot of crap too. So buy the original albums if you don't have them already... and let's never speak of LOVE again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home