Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Re: Genesis

I was wondering why Phil Collins kept popping up on TV again.
Well, OK I only actually saw him on Room 101. He put Oasis in there which must make him slightly cool... or does it make him a bitter grumpy old man? 'I like the Beatles, they like the Beatles, I like cocaine, they like cocaine, I did a couple of decent albums and then went a bit shit, they did a ...' well you get the idea.
Anyhow... evidently Disney have stopped calling, he fell out with Clapton a while ago, the solo albums aren't selling, that big band jazz type thing - let's just try and forget all about that.
So what else can the poor old millionaire do?
That's right Genesis are touring again.
It's quite tempting actually. I've heard 'Trick of the Tail' twice recently on Radio 2. Apparently 'Al Murray:Pub Landlord' is a fan. David Baddiel too... but you can't have everything.
Surely it's the ultimate 'Guilty Pleasure.' Forget ELO, Pink Floyd, the Eagles etc. Genesis are back.
PS. I've also heard a rumour that a year later they are going to do a Peter Gabriel era tour with the human flower himself!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Hmm, they're coming to Linz. I'm tempted. Especially if they do do the Gabriel era tour.

That stubble's not doing Phil any favours, though, is it? He looks like Grant Mitchell's granddad.

10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home